Adopting an animal is a major decision and commitment. Before you decide to adopt a pet, please consider the time, effort and funds (estimated at $1000 or more annually for food, supplies, vaccination, and veterinary care) necessary to properly maintain an animal. Responsible pet ownership requires a commitment to provide care and companionship for the life of the animal. The decision to adopt a pet is an important one. In order to insure that you and your pet will be happy for years to come, we need to take time to discuss your and the animal’s individual needs and personality traits to ensure the best match.
After searching for what you believe is the right pet for you – NECCOG requires that you make an appointment to meet the animal. This type of formal meeting allows you time to properly meet the animal and to ask one of our professionals questions about the animal. We are committed to avoiding the “spontaneous pet purchase.” Such actions often lead to bad outcomes for both the animal and those making the adoption.
- $5 for spayed or neutered animals
- $50 for non-spayed/non-neutered animals (also includes voucher (for CT residents only), covering some of the costs to vaccinate, spay or neuter)
Animal Care Facility – 125 Putnam Pike, Dayville – adoption viewing by appointment only, please call 860-774-1253 to schedule.
- Directions from South: I-395 N, Exit 41, turn right onto Rte 101, left onto Rte12/Putnam Pike – 1/2 mile to the facility on left
- Directions from North: I395 S, Exit 41, turn left onto Route 101, left on Rte12/Putnam Pike – 1/2 mile to the facility on left
- Directions from East or West: Route 101 (Dayville), North turn onto Rte12/Putnam Pike – 1/2 mile facility on left